Santa Clara, Calif., August 26, 2014 – Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the leader in enterprise security, today announced global updates to its NextWave partner program to help partners take advantage of a vast addressable market opportunity for next-generation enterprise security.
Palo Alto Networks is dedicated to a channel-centric model. The changes announced today underscore that focus and further empower partners with new technical training, marketing tools, deal registration updates and pay-for-performance enhancements.
NextWave partners will now be able to benefit from the following:
- Enhanced NextWave program requirements that change from a theater-based approach to a market-based approach, helping partners achieve higher program levels based on market opportunity and mutual investment
- Enriched deal registration infrastructure and policies that simplify the process of confirming and rewarding partner-sourced opportunities
- New pre-sales technical accreditation that enables partners to deliver comprehensive demos, evaluations, Application Visibility and Risk (AVR) Reports and Ultimate Test Drive (UTD) hands-on demo programs
- Updated MobileWave channel application to bring the partner portal experience to the mobile user, including the addition of mobile deal registration
In addition, Palo Alto Networks will deliver a pay-for-performance partner profitability model in a phased approach, wherein distributors and resellers may be rewarded with rebates, incentives, and/or discounts based upon defined parameters and the value they bring to each deal.
NextWave partners are encouraged to visit the partner portal and contact their Channel Business Manager for more specific details on any of the program enhancements announced today.
- "Our channel-centric model depends on a partner community that is enabled, empowered and encouraged. We're continuing to invest in our NextWave program to ensure our continued, mutual success with channel partners – together, bringing a unique next-generation approach to effectively securing enterprise customer environments throughout the world." – Ron Myers, vice president, Global Channels, Palo Alto Networks
- "Accuvant works with best-of-breed technology providers like Palo Alto Networks to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class security and solutions that meet our clients’ specific needs. We are pleased to see Palo Alto Networks continuing to invest in NextWave, and are looking forward to taking advantage of expanded training and tools that will allow us to further enhance our services.” – Andy Welsh, director of Partner Alliances, Accuvant
- “Palo Alto Networks’ dominant position in the enterprise security market and growing presence in the data center has made it easier than ever to sell solutions to our fast-growing Web 2.0 and enterprise customers. Customers like the platform approach to enterprise security and have confidence in the expertise of InterVision’s systems engineering team to integrate the technologies into complex networking environments. With the support of their sales and channel teams, including today’s NextWave program enhancements, we expect to double our Palo Alto Networks business this year." – Jason Gress, president and co-founder, InterVision Systems Technologies
- “As a global partner of Palo Alto Networks, Westcon Group is squarely focused on helping the channel bring to market powerful solutions that meet customers' evolving enterprise security needs. Our unified distribution network, together with these ongoing enhancements to NextWave, makes it that much easier for our partners to do business around the world." -- Bill Corbin, executive vice president, Global Partner Management and Business Development, Westcon Group
Today’s announcement kicks off a season of invitation-only NextWave partner conferences taking place August 26-29 in Bali, Indonesia (Asia Pacific and Japan partners), September 17-19 in Chicago, USA (Americas partners) and October 8-10 in Barcelona, Spain (Europe, the Middle East and Africa partners).
Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Unlike fragmented legacy products, our security platform safely enables business operations and delivers protection based on what matters most in today's dynamic computing environments: applications, users, and content. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks Logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Head of Corporate Communications
Palo Alto Networks