SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced the availability of its new cloud-based Logging Service, which allows customers to amass large amounts of their own data from the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform. This new service is designed for machine learning and advanced analytics in order to correlate potential threats and prevent successful cyber breaches.
Cybersecurity products are generating massive amounts of valuable data in the form of logs, which can be used to surface evasive threats. Yet traditional hardware-based log collection comes with administrative overhead and scale limitations that make otherwise useful data unwieldy or unavailable. Complex integrations are often required to utilize stored logs across various security applications, making it difficult to implement cross-product workflows and generate correlated insights.
Today's organizations require the ability to store, process and analyze as much log data as possible to obtain comprehensive visibility across their infrastructure and convert their data into actionable insights.
With the Palo Alto Networks Logging Service, organizations are no longer restricted by hardware capacity to meet the demands of the business. Logging Service provides a centralized and scalable logging infrastructure without operational overhead, allowing customers to collect log data without local compute and storage limitations. This cloud-based service changes the economics of collecting log data, and makes it affordable to collect and store as much data as required.
Additionally, the forthcoming Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, which will enable customers to rapidly consume and implement a variety of innovative cloud-based security applications, will access and utilize their own valuable log data centrally via Logging Service. This new functionality will extend the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform without requiring additional infrastructure.
- "The operational overhead of managing hardware to collect logs means that today's organizations are unable to efficiently collect large amounts of data, with many being unable to action the data they do collect. With Palo Alto Networks Logging Service, organizations can deploy quickly, share information between different applications and sensors, and scale their capacity on a dime, empowering them with enhanced capabilities to spot and prevent successful cyberattacks."
- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research
- "As the foundation for the forthcoming Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, Logging Service delivers both scale and advanced functionality for organizations of any size. This new offering significantly reduces the complexity and economics of log management, enabling customers to make better correlations, and effectively respond to and prevent successful cyberattacks."
- Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
Key benefits of Logging Service include:
- Central repository for events, traffic and security logs: Logging Service provides a cloud-based central repository for context-rich logs generated by the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Platform.
- Simplified operations: Logging Service simplifies the procurement, deployment and ongoing management of storage and compute infrastructure for event, traffic and security logs, eliminating the complexity of planning and operating logging capacity.
- Increased business responsiveness: Organizations can procure and deploy logging capacity quickly via a flexible model that allows organizations to become more responsive to changes in logging needs due to unforeseen business circumstances or new compliance requirements.
- Actionable insights: As part of the Application Framework, customers can use log data within new security applications to apply machine learning and advanced analytics, and can take security enforcement actions in concert with Palo Alto Networks enforcement points to prevent advanced attacks.
Logging service is generally available to Palo Alto Networks customers.
- Palo Alto Networks Logging Service
- Palo Alto Network Application Framework
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization's most valuable assets. Find out more at http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/.
Palo Alto Networks, PAN-OS and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks, Inc.