SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today introduced advancements to its Traps™ advanced endpoint protection offering. In this latest release, version 5.0, Palo Alto Networks introduces a cloud-delivered management service, Linux support, and redesigned infrastructure for Traps. Customer organizations can now more easily deploy and manage Traps, enabling them to stop threats on the endpoint and coordinate enforcement with cloud and network security to prevent successful cyberattacks.
Attackers must complete a sequence of events in order to successfully accomplish their objective, such as stealing information or running ransomware. Nearly every attack relies on compromising an endpoint. Although most organizations have deployed endpoint protection, infections still are common.
Palo Alto Networks Traps advanced endpoint protection prevents known and unknown threats from infecting endpoints, minimizing endpoint infections by blocking malware, exploits, and ransomware. Integration with the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform delivers additional threat analysis, shared intelligence, and automated containment.
Key advancements announced today include:
- New cloud-delivered management service for easier deployment and day-to-day management.
- Redesigned user interface for a more intuitive user experience.
- Support for all major OS platforms, now including Linux, in addition to Windows® and macOS®.
- Periodic scanning capabilities to identify dormant malware on endpoints and attached removable drives, with the ability to automatically quarantine infected files to ensure that they do not detonate.
- Integration with the Palo Alto Networks Logging Service allows for the collection of detailed event information for better analysis of endpoint, network, and cloud data.
With today's announcement, Traps becomes tightly integrated with the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework and Logging Service, allowing for a clean handoff of data between Traps, the AutoFocus™ service, Panorama™ management, and Magnifier for further investigation and response. Application Framework apps can now use Traps as a sensor and enforcement point for forthcoming third-party and native apps delivered via the framework.
- "Chief information security officers and other technology executives are facing unprecedented challenges. Their adversaries are unrelenting, creative and effective, and their defenses are complex, expensive and manpower-intensive. Rather than focusing on thwarting the latest threats, to achieve business success, organizations must begin with their core concern – risk – and build their security programs out from there. Endpoint protection technologies like Palo Alto Networks Traps 5.0 are an important component of a holistic security program."
- Todd Weber, vice president, Partner Strategy and Research, Optiv
- "The rise of sophisticated malware, ransomware, and fileless attacks have forced IT and security organizations to rethink how to protect endpoints with a focus on strengthening prevention and simplifying day-to-day management. Products like the new Palo Alto Networks Traps 5.0 release and the shift to a cloud-delivered service will help organizations benefit from mature products with a prevention-first approach to endpoint security."
- Frank Dickson, research vice president, IDC
- "Palo Alto Networks continues to take an innovative approach to solving our customers' toughest security challenges. Traps advanced endpoint protection, version 5.0, simplifies endpoint security deployment and management, and enhances malware protection. With the availability of endpoint event data within the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, customers can now better detect and respond to advanced threats, enabling them to prevent successful cyberattacks."
- Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
Traps version 5.0 is available immediately to customers worldwide. At this time, the cloud-delivered management service is based in North America and EMEA.
- Palo Alto Networks Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform
- Read the Blog: Announcing Traps 5.0: Cloud-Delivered Advanced Endpoint Protection
- Follow Palo Alto Networks online: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization's most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks, the Palo Alto Networks logo, Traps, AutoFocus, Panorama and Magnifier are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks, Inc.