Manage the GlobalProtect Agent
The GlobalProtect cloud service manages the GlobalProtect agent (also known as GlobalProtect app) version that Mac OS and Windows users in your organization can download from the GlobalProtect cloud service portal. The GlobalProtect cloud service releases and updates GlobalProtect agent versions on the portal using the following schedule:
- Major Agent Releases (for example, 4.x)—The GlobalProtect cloud service updates the agent on the portal with the latest major release within 30 to 45 days after the general availability of that release.
- Minor Agent Releases (for example, 4.x.x)—The GlobalProtect cloud service updates the agent on the portal with the latest minor release within 7 to 10 days after the general availability of that release.
You cannot control the version of the agent that is available on the GlobalProtect cloud service portal; however you can manage the availability of an agent, or control if users can automatically download it, by completing the following task.
- In Panorama, select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals.
- Select the Mobile_User_Template from the Template drop-down.
- Select GlobalProtect_Portal to edit the GlobalProtect cloud service portal configuration.
- Select the Agent tab and select the agent configuration (by default, it is DEFAULT).
- Select the App tab.
- In the App Configurations area,
select a choice in Allow User to Upgrade GlobalProtect
App to specify whether end-users can upgrade the GlobalProtect
app software and, if they can, whether they can choose when to upgrade:
- Allow with Prompt (default)—Prompt users when a new version is activated on the firewall and allow users to upgrade their software when it is convenient.
- Disallow—Prevent users from upgrading the app software.
- Allow Manually—Allow users to manually check for and initiate upgrades by selecting Check Version in the GlobalProtect app.
- Allow Transparently—Automatically upgrade the app software whenever a new version becomes available on the portal.
- Internal—Automatically upgrade the app software whenever a new version becomes available on the portal, but wait until the endpoint is connected internally to the corporate network. This prevents delays caused by upgrades over low-bandwidth connections.