Activate Traps Licenses
Before you can start using your Endpoint Security Manager to prevent malware and exploit attacks on your endpoints, you must activate the Traps license for the number of endpoint agents you purchased. When you add new licenses or renew existing licenses, the Customer Service Portal automatically adds the licenses using your existing authorization code. As a result, you only need to activate a license if you are doing so for the first time.
- Log in to the Palo Alto Networks Support Site after you receive the electronic fulfillment email.
- (New license only) Select AssetsAdvanced Endpoint ProtectionsActivate New Auth-Code.
- (New license only) Enter your Traps Auth-Code (found in your electronic fulfillment email) in the Authorization Code field and then Agree and Submit.
- In the License column, click the download icon ( ) to download the license key.
- Select the version of Traps for which this license key will be used (Pre 3.3, 3.3-3.4, 4.0 and later) and then click Download.
- Save the license key to a location you can access from the Endpoint Security Manager.
- Proceed to Set Up the Endpoint Security Manager .