Large Single-Site Deployment
This single-site deployment scenario supports up to 150,000 Traps agents and consists of the following components:
- One dedicated database server
- One ESM Console in the same location as the database for managing the security policy and Traps agents
- One ESM Server for every 30,000 Traps agents (for a maximum of 150,000 agents).
- One forensic folder for each ESM Server that is accessible by all endpoints for storing real-time forensic details about security events
- (Recommended) WildFire integration
- (Optional) Load balancer for distributing traffic across ESM Servers
- (Optional) External logging platform such as an SIEM or syslog
In this example, up to 150,000 Traps agents can connect to the Endpoint Security Manager. To support this scenario, the endpoints connect to five ESM Servers through an optional load balancer. Each ESM Server connects to a central database that is managed by a dedicated ESM Console.