The following topics provide detailed steps to help you deploy a new Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall. They provide details for integrating a new firewall into your network, registering the firewall, activating licenses and subscriptions, and configuring basic security policies and threat prevention features.
After you perform the basic configuration steps required to integrate the firewall into your network, you can use the rest of the topics in this guide to help you deploy the comprehensive security platform features as necessary to address your network security needs.
- Integrate the Firewall into Your Management Network
- Register the Firewall
- Activate Licenses and Subscriptions
- Install Content and Software Updates
- Segment Your Network Using Interfaces and Zones
- Set Up a Basic Security Policy
- Assess Network Traffic
- Enable Basic WildFire Forwarding
- Control Access to Web Content
- Enable AutoFocus Threat Intelligence
- Best Practices for Completing the Firewall Deployment
- Best Practices for Securing Administrative Access