The Palo Alto Networks® next-generation firewall protects and defends your network from commodity threats and advanced persistent threats (APTs). The multi-pronged detection mechanisms of the firewall include a signature-based (IPS/Command and Control/Antivirus) approach, heuristics-based (bot detection) approach, sandbox-based (WildFire) approach, and Layer 7 protocol analysis-based (App-ID) approach.
Commodity threats are exploits that are less sophisticated and more easily detected and prevented using a combination of antivirus, anti-spyware, and vulnerability protection features along with URL filtering and Application identification capabilities on the firewall.
Advanced threats are perpetuated by organized cyber adversaries who use sophisticated attack vectors to target your network, most commonly for intellectual property theft and financial data theft. These threats are more evasive and require intelligent monitoring mechanisms for detailed host and network forensics on malware. The Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall together with WildFire™ and Panorama™ provide a comprehensive solution that intercepts and breaks the attack chain and provides visibility to prevent security infringement on your network infrastructure—both mobile and virtualized.
- Set Up Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, and Vulnerability Protection
- Create Threat Exceptions
- Set Up Data Filtering
- Set Up File Blocking
- Prevent Brute Force Attacks
- Customize the Action and Trigger Conditions for a Brute Force Signature
- Best Practices for Securing Your Network from Layer 4 and Layer 7 Evasions
- Enable Evasion Signatures
- Best Practices for Application and Threat Content Updates
- Prevent Credential Phishing
- Share Threat Intelligence with Palo Alto Networks
- Use DNS Queries to Identify Infected Hosts on the Network
- Monitor Blocked IP Addresses
- Learn More About and Assess Threats
- Content Delivery Network Infrastructure for Dynamic Updates
- Threat Prevention Resources