Ignite 2015 is just over a week away, and as we look forward to welcoming new and returning attendees, we want your help in looking back at how our events have grown and evolved. How, you ask? An #ignitethrowback contest with awesome prizes!
This one requires some planning ahead, though – we want you to submit photos of you or your colleagues wearing throwback Palo Alto Networks event gear. That means you have to dig those old T-shirts, hats, and jackets up from the back of your closet and bring them to Ignite 2015.
Maybe it’s your Ignite T-shirt from last year. Maybe you were at Palo Alto Networks Double Down 2011 (remember that in New Orleans?) Maybe you go back with us even further than that.
How does it work?
However you want to pose in your vintage fear is fine by us – keep it clean, though! Wear your hat backwards (boring!) or bundle on everything you have for one photo (now there’s an idea!). All you have to do is take a photo wearing your throwback Ignite gear and post it to Twitter using #ignitethrowback. No Tweets without #ignitethrowback will be considered.
What do I win?
We will award one #ignitethrowback prize each day for the most creative submission, pulling from all submissions up through 4:00pm Pacific on March 30, March 31, and April 1. We will also reward two runners-up prizes during the course of the event.
Winners will be notified by a public tweet and a Direct Message on Twitter from Palo Alto Networks (@PaloAltoNtwks), at which time the winner will be directed to an on-site location at Ignite to pick up their prize the following day.
And now… the prizes! Three (3) winners will receive a Roku 3 to stream all your favorite TV and movies. Two (2) runners-up will receive Retro Table Top Bluetooth Speaker.
When does this start?
The contest opens at 8:00am Pacific on Monday, March, 30 and closes at 4:00pm Pacific on Wednesday, April 1. No entries submitted outside of March 30-April 1 will be considered.
Am I eligible?
To participate, you must be attending Ignite 2015 in Las Vegas, and you must be following @PaloAltoNtwks, and @Ignite_Conf. Both new followers and existing followers of these accounts can enter this contest. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can follow the directions at www.twitter.com to sign up for one.
Good luck and get creative! We look forward to seeing you in your vintage gear.
Official terms and conditions apply. See below for full details.
Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
Ignite 2015 “Vintage Wear” Contest
This promotion is sponsored by Palo Alto Networks, Inc. with its headquarters at 4401 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054 (“Palo Alto Networks”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Participation in the Ignite 2015 “Vintage Wear” Contest (the “Contest”) is subject to these instructions and the Contest Rules, below (collectively “Official Rules”).
Contest Overview. Post a photo on Twitter of yourself or your colleagues wearing vintage Ignite gear (shirt, hat, etc.) during Ignite 2015 using #ignitethrowback. The most creative photos will be selected as winners which shall be evaluated based upon (i) originality; (ii) age of articles worn (weighed in favor of older, more obscure items); and (iii) amount of gear worn. One winner will be chosen each day from the day’s entries that include the proper hashtag on Twitter and have entered in accordance to the Official Rules. These winners will be chosen by 5 p.m. PT on Monday, March 30; Tuesday, March 31; and Wednesday, April 1, 2014. The winner will be announced publicly by the @PaloAltoNtwks and @Ignite_Conf Twitter accounts and will also be notified via Direct Message on Twitter to claim their prize. Entrants must have a Twitter account and be a follower of Palo Alto Networks, located at https://www.twitter.com/PaloAltoNtwks.
Prizes. Five (5) prizes will be awarded. The odds of winning any prize vary by the number of entrants. Aggregate retail value of prizes (including shipping) is approximately $500 USD. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
Prizes consist of the following:
1. Roku 3 for each daily winner valued at $99 (3 available);
2. Throwback Bluetooth speakers to be rewarded to a close runner-up valued at $65 (2 available).
Game Period. The Contest begins on Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8 a.m. Pacific time and ends on Wednesday, April 1, 2014 at 4 p.m. Pacific time.
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, Canada, and Australia except residents of the states of Florida, New York and Rhode Island, the Province of Quebec, and the State of South Australia, respectively, are at least twenty-five (25) years of age at time of entry, who have entered in accordance to these Official Rules and who have a Twitter account and follow Palo Alto Networks at https://www.twitter.com/PaloAltoNtwks.
Employees of Palo Alto Networks and its affiliates, subsidiaries, resellers, distributors, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Palo Alto Networks through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the promotion, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. In addition to the instructions, above, entrants must have a Twitter account and be a follower of Palo Alto Networks, located at https://www.twitter.com/PaloAltoNtwks. Both new followers and existing followers of Palo Alto Networks can enter this contest. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can follow the directions at www.twitter.com to sign up for an account.
Any photos sent in by Wednesday, April 1 no later than 4 p.m. Pacific time will be entered into the contest. No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Only one entry per person, household and/or e-mail address is permitted. Multiple entries are in violation of this rule and will be declared ineligible. Entrants in violation of any of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. Prize Drawing. A panel of marketing team members from Palo Alto Networks and other marketing experts will be responsible for judging entries. The entries will be judged on creativity which will be based upon (i) originality; (ii) age of articles worn (weighed in favor of older, more obscure items); and (iii) amount of gear worn. The decisions of the judges will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winner, the judges will choose the tied submission that best reflects the concept of the Contest. The photo must be original and of the entrant’s own creation. The photo must not have been entered in any other competition, including other competitions conducted by Palo Alto Networks. The photo may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties. The photo may not be offensive or defamatory nor contain vulgar or profane gestures or images, as determined by the judges and Palo Alto Networks.
Submission constitutes entrant’s certification that the entry is their own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Palo Alto Networks, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the entry as provided herein, infringes any of entrant’s rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.” Entrant hereby assigns and transfers to Palo Alto Networks all right, title, and interest to the phrase contained in the photo. Palo Alto Networks shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any the relevant phrase contained in the photo, and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Contest, except where prohibited by law. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Palo Alto Networks.
4. Notification of Winners. Winners will be notified by a public tweet from Palo Alto Networks (@PaloAltoNtwks) and a Direct Message on Twitter from Palo Alto Networks, at which time the winner will be directed to an on-site location to pick up their prize the following day. For winners who are unable to pick up the prize in person or who win on the last day of the event, the winner will be directed to a URL for a fulfillment page requesting the winner’s full name, employer, shipping address, phone number and email address, all required for fulfillment of the prize. That data will be also be collected from winners collecting their prizes in person. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fifteen (15) days of notification. Winners will have fifteen (15) days from notification to accept the prize by completing the fulfillment page. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. From that point, the winners will receive their prize via mail within approximately 60 days of completion of the fulfillment page. Palo Alto Networks is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. All taxes on prizes, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of a prize are the responsibility of the winners. In the event that the prize becomes unavailable, Palo Alto Networks reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Palo Alto Networks in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are non-transferable. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is also responsible for internet access fees and service charges. Palo Alto Networks will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners will be mailed their prize with shipping costs covered by Palo Alto Networks. If a Winner’s signature is required on any releases or tax documentation, their prize will be mailed after receipt of such documentation by Palo Alto Networks.
5. Publicity release. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s agreement that Palo Alto Networks may use the Twitter account name and prize information of each winner for promotional purposes in any and all media, without further payment or consideration of any kind. This includes posting the winner’s Twitter account name on the Twitter website.
6. Additional Considerations.
a. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Palo Alto Networks, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; or (ii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
b. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold Palo Alto Networks and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and Contest agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest (the “Released Parties”), harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Palo Alto Networks’ control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
c. IN NO EVENT WILL PALO ALTO NETWORKS BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT PALO ALTO NETWORKS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
d. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Palo Alto Networks’ newsletters, the Contest website and Palo Alto Networks’ homepages, without additional compensation. All entries, as applicable, become property of Palo Alto Networks and none will be acknowledged or returned.
e. Palo Alto Networks reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Palo Alto Networks reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Palo Alto Networks, in their sole discretion. Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, each entrant acknowledge that they have read these official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Palo Alto Networks, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
The Contest is not sponsored or endorsed by, or affiliated with Twitter.