It's that time of the year again; RSA Conference 2012 began yesterday and we couldn't be more excited. For those of us who make information security a part of our daily lives, this event offers a unique opportunity to interact with our peers, share knowledge and show our customers and potential clients how Palo Alto Networks stays ahead of the latest security issues.
Prior to the show really kicking off this week, we wanted to give you an idea of what you can expect from Palo Alto Networks at RSA this year.
This afternoon, our CMO René Bonvanie will moderate a discussion during a panel made up of several of our customers, including Paul Carugati (Motorola Solutions), Sam Ghelfi (Raymond James Financial), Justin Kwong (24 Hour Fitness), and Mike Wade (Summa Health Systems). Taking a deeper look at the security challenges presented by an IT environment impacted by social media and networking tools, they'll explore where the industry has both succeeded and failed in enabling social access while mitigating the risk that comes along with it. You can get more information on the session and panelists here.
For those looking to experience what Palo Alto Networks innovative next generation firewall can bring to your own organization, we've got something for you!
You've probably seen Dos Equis' "Most Interesting Man in the World" ads but take a look at the Facebook page one Palo Alto Networks customer created about "The Most Interesting Firewall in the World." Pretty clever, don't you think? We're flattered by this customer's sentiment, so much so that the more we thought about it, the more we realized we really liked the concept he came up with. So we've embraced this concept for RSA and decided to base a Twitter contest around it. Beginning today through Thursday, March 1, let us know what you think makes Palo Alto Networks "the most interesting firewall in the world" and you'll be entered for a chance to win a PA-200 next-generation firewall. Simply follow @PaloAltoNtwks on Twitter and share your fun, unique "most interesting firewall in the world" sayings using the #mostinterestingFW hashtag. One lucky winner will be chosen at 4 p.m. PT each day (February 28, 2012 – March 1, 2012) and announced publicly through our @PaloAltoNtwks Twitter handle.
You can find the full contest Terms and Conditions below this post.
Won't be in attendance this year but still want to get in on the fun? We've got you covered. To make sure you don't miss a minute of the action at this year's RSA Conference, follow us on Twitter or visit our Facebook page throughout the week. We'll be updating our followers with everything from exclusive photos and event information to security facts and videos of conference highlights. And for those of you attending, don't forget to stop by our exhibitor booth (#1638) this week and say hello.
Hope we see you on the show floor!
Palo Alto Networks
The Most Interesting Firewall in the World Contest
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
This promotion is sponsored by Palo Alto Networks with headquarter offices at 3300 Olcott Street, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Contest begins on February 28, 2012, at 8 a.m. Pacific time and ends on March 1, 2012 at 4 p.m. Pacific time.
Follow @PaloAltoNtwks and share your fun, unique, 'most interesting firewall in the world' sayings on Twitter using the #mostinterestingFW hashtag. One winner will be chosen from all of the entries on Twitter at 4 p.m. PT each day (February 28, 2012 – March 1, 2012) as that day's winner of the Palo Alto Networks PA-200 next-generation firewall. Each winner will be announced publicly by the @PaloAltoNtwks Twitter account and they will also be notified via Direct Message on Twitter to claim their prize.
1. Eligibility. The Most Interesting Firewall in the World Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the U.S. aged eighteen (18) as of the date of entry, who have a Twitter account and become a follower of Palo Alto Networks, located at located at https://www.twitter.com/PaloAltoNtwks.
Employees of Palo Alto Networks and its affiliates, immediate family members of such employees and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. Entrants must have a Twitter account and then become a follower of Palo Alto Networks, located at https://www.twitter.com/PaloAltoNtwks. Both new followers and existing followers of Palo Alto Networks are eligible for this contest. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can follow the directions at www.twitter.com to sign up for an account.
Any tweets sent on a contest day after 4 p.m. PT will be entered into the contest for the following day. No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Only one entry per person, household and/or e-mail address is permitted. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
3. Prize Drawing. A panel of marketing team members from Palo Alto Networks and other marketing experts will be responsible for judging entries. The entries will be judged on the level of impact of the tweet-length description, originality, creativity and appropriateness to the subject matter of the Contest. The decisions of the judges will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winner, the judges will choose the tied submission that best reflects the concept of the most interesting firewall in the world. The Tweet must be original, of entrant's own creation. The Tweet must not have been entered in any other competition, including other competitions conducted by Palo Alto Networks. The Tweet may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties. The Tweet may not be offensive or defamatory nor contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by the judges and the Palo Alto Networks.
Submission constitutes Entrant's certification that the entry is their own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Palo Alto Networks, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the entry as provided herein, infringes any of entrant's rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or "droit moral." Entrant hereby assigns and transfers to Palo Alto Networks all right, title, and interest to the phrase contained in the Tweet. Palo Alto Networks shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any the relevant phrase contained in the Tweet, and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Contest, except where prohibited by law. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Entrant and Palo Alto Networks.
Each winner will be notified by public announcement by the @PaloAltoNtwks Twitter account and they will also be notified via Direct Message on Twitter to claim their prize.
4. Prizes and Odds. A total of four Palo Alto Networks PA-200 Firewalls will be awarded. Total value of all prizes to be awarded: $8,000.00 (U.S.). In the event that the prize becomes unavailable, Palo Alto Networks reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Palo Alto Networks in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are non-transferable. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is also responsible for internet access fees and service charges. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Palo Alto Networks will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners will be mailed their prize with shipping costs covered by Palo Alto Networks. If a Winner's signature is required on any releases or tax documentation, their prize will be mailed after receipt of such documentation by Palo Alto Networks.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by a public tweet from Palo Alto Networks and a Direct Message on Twitter from Palo Alto Networks, at which time the winner will be directed to a url for a fulfillment page requesting the winner's full name, employer, shipping address, phone number and email address, all required for fulfillment of the prize. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fifteen (15) days of notification. Winners will have fifteen (15) days from notification to accept the prize by completing the fulfillment page. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. From that point, the winners will receive their prize via mail within 60 days of completion of the fulfillment page. Palo Alto Networks is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. All taxes on prizes, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of a prize are the responsibility of the winners.
6. Publicity release. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner's agreement that Palo Alto Networks may use the Twitter account name and prize information of each entrant for promotional purposes in any and all media, without further payment or consideration of any kind. This includes posting the winner's Twitter account name on the Twitter website.
7. General Rules. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Palo Alto Networks, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; or (ii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Palo Alto Networks and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Palo Alto Networks' control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of the judges are final.
IN NO EVENT WILL PALO ALTO NETWORKS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT PALO ALTO NETWORKS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Palo Alto Networks' newsletters, the Contest website and Palo Alto Networks' homepages, without additional compensation. All entries, as applicable, become property of Palo Alto Networks and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow (8) weeks for delivery of prizes.
Palo Alto Networks reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Palo Alto Networks reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Palo Alto Networks, in their sole discretion. Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge that you have read these official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Palo Alto Networks, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
The Promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by, or affiliated with Twitter.