This replay examines new FedRAMP policy developments, challenges agencies still face in reusing authorizations and efforts to pass legislation to put FedRAMP requirements into law. It will also look at the constantly evolving security landscape, the variety of cloud deployment models and the challenges agencies face to secure the data in them. Attendees will come away with a better understanding of:
- How the Department of Defense’s Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification program will work with FedRAMP.
- What the transition for FedRAMP to National Institute for Standards and Technology’s SP 800-53 Rev5 – which catalogs security and privacy controls – means for federal agencies and suppliers.
- How state and local governments are assessing using FedRAMP.
- The current status of moves to automate the authorization process through the General Services Administration using standardized machine-readable language and a web services API.
- Lessons taught from COVID-19 and the SolarWinds hack as agencies accelerated their move to cloud and amplified the need for increased security.
- How agencies are using FedRAMP to speed digital transformation.