Are You Maximizing Your Panorama Deployment?
Like most network administrators, you are concerned with manageability, streamlined operations, and ensuring your network security deployment is bulletproof.
In this three-part blog series, I’ll address those concerns by sharing the benefits of moving to a network security management solution such as Panorama and explain how you can maximize your Panorama deployment.
Let’s start with the benefits of Panorama:
- Streamlined policy management: Simplify the creation, import, copying and ongoing management of rules across the network. Provide a single security rule base to further streamline operations in deployments of operational complexity.
- Simplified operations: Streamline day-to-day network security operations, and make the task of implementing and managing policies manageable by maintaining a static security posture in a dynamic and operationally complex network.
- Flexible deployment options: As your security deployment grows, the complexity of managing the network should not. Accommodate geographical or logical differences in policy, management and reporting needs with one central management platform, and simplify the deployment and maintenance of the management system while keeping costs low.
- Unparalleled network and threat visibility: Provide the capability to highlight critical threats across your network, focus on critical threats with actionable data, prioritize a fast response, and do more with less.
If you are already a proud owner, you likely chose Panorama to enhance management functionality, improve visibility across your deployment of next-generation firewalls, and streamline your rule base. But you could take advantage of some additional benefits by slightly changing the way you have deployed the product. There are three key steps you can take to ensure optimum performance of Panorama in your fast-growing or large network. Let’s explore how you can get the most out of your Panorama deployment.
- Move from a Virtual Machine (VM) to a dedicated hardware platform.
- Add log collectors.
- Deploy high availability (HA).
In my next post, I will explain how these three steps will help maximize your investment in Panorama. In the meantime, you can learn more by visiting Panorama at a Glance.