New data location meets customer needs for in-country infrastructure to support Cortex XDR, Cortex Data Lake, Cortex XSOAR, IoT Security, Prisma Access, Prisma Cloud and WildFire
MUNICH, 20 July 2021 — Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), the global cybersecurity leader, today unveiled its new German cloud location, which is dedicated to serving local and global customers.
The new cloud location now provides organisations in Germany with direct and high-performance access to Palo Alto Networks WildFire®, Cortex XDR™, IoT Security, SaaS Security,and Cortex® Data Lake, allowing storage of their logs within Germany’s borders and also supporting businesses in the region. In addition, customers based in Germany already benefit from Palo Alto Networks local cloud locations including Prisma® Access, Prisma Cloud and Cortex XSOAR.
As cyberattacks continue to grow in complexity and sophistication, threat detection and prevention is becoming more difficult, time-consuming and expensive. The new data location provides a global, cloud-delivered, community-driven approach to aggregated threat analysis while simultaneously respecting the preference of some German customers for in-country infrastructure for products such as:
- Cortex XDR: Customers can take advantage of the industry’s first extended detection and response platform, which integrates endpoint, network and cloud data to stop sophisticated attacks.
- Cortex Data Lake: Customers can collect, transform and integrate their enterprise's security data to enable Palo Alto Networks solutions.
- Cortex XSOAR: Customers can fully transform their security operations with scalable, automated workflows and end-to-end incident lifecycle management to speed incident response and increase operational efficiencies. Cortex XSOAR supports on-premises, private cloud or fully hosted deployments.
- IoT Security: Customers can secure their unmanaged IT and IoT devices with ML-powered visibility, risk analysis, prevention and enforcement in the industry's most comprehensive single platform.
- Prisma Access: Customers can securely connect mobile users and branch offices directly to gateways located in Germany for low-latency secure access to cloud and data center applications.
- Prisma Cloud: Customers can secure and meet compliance for their applications, data and the entire cloud native technology stack — throughout the development lifecycle and across hybrid and multi-cloud environments — with an established cloud location in Germany.
- SaaS Security: Customers can discover and minimize their shadow IT risks, and ensure data protection and compliance across all SaaS applications with the industry’s only integrated CASB that automatically keeps pace with the SaaS explosion.
- WildFire: Customers can fully utilise the industry’s most advanced cloud-based threat analysis and prevention engine while ensuring that files submitted for analysis stay in Germany to help meet data privacy and sovereignty concerns.
“We understand that for our customers, data residency is a chief concern, and this investment is testament to the fact we take those concerns equally as seriously. Our expansion in Germany will ensure that customers in Germany can meet their data residency needs,” said Sascha Puljic, vice president, Germany, Palo Alto Networks. “As organisations continue to digitally transform their businesses, our German cloud location will help ensure that their cloud workloads are protected and they can continue on their digitalization journeys safely.”
The availability of the regionally hosted services is part of Palo Alto Networks ongoing commitment to deliver the most complete set of security services locally for German and European customers, particularly those in the public sector who deal in the healthcare and Internet of Things markets. These services enable customers to balance data privacy with the ability to detect emerging threats, providing a seamless, streamlined security solution operated and delivered within Germany.
For more information on Palo Alto Networks regional cloud locations, please visit: Regional Cloud Locations
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader, is shaping the cloud-centric future with technology that is transforming the way people and organisations operate. Our mission is to be the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We help address the world's greatest security challenges with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, analytics, automation, and orchestration. By delivering an integrated platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of partners, we are at the forefront of protecting tens of thousands of organisations across clouds, networks, and mobile devices. Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. For more information, visit www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks, Cortex, Cortex XDR, Prisma, WildFire, and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names, or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.