Palo Alto Networks, Inc. serves global governments – across military, civilian, and intelligence sectors - in the following areas:
- Protection at the department, mission, function and network perimeter - this includes verifying the legitimacy of users and the applications that they use;
- Protection of datacenter operations for both “north-south” and “east-west” traffic;
- Protection for the mobile environment.
Palo Alto Networks' Public Sector Advisory Council is an organization of retired military and civilian officers who advise Palo Alto Networks on the cyber security challenges and technology needs of the world's governments.
What We Do
- Next generation cyber security including sandboxing, IDS/IPS, firewall, URL filtering, and anti-malware protections, in ONE platform
- Mitigate threats - detect, analyze and prevent threats across both KNOWN and UNKNOWN threats, including APTs, in ONE platform
- Provide visibility into both cleartext and the ENCRYPTED communications which can hide threat communications – all in ONE platform
- Offer the same cyber security protection in both physical platforms and virtual machines (VMs), enabling rapid deployments to military sites and flexible exercise support
How We Do It Differently
- Inspect all communications (protocol types) to ensure all communications are thoroughly analyzed. We have visibility across over 870 applications;
- Provide application enablement – giving you granular control, not a binary block-or-allow approach;
- Provide the flexibility to tie applications to specific users and specific content;
- Efficiently process your traffic – once across all security functions - in a single pass, thanks to a purpose-built single pass parallel process architecture;
- Offer up to 120 Gbps throughput;
- Seamless integration with some of the best technology providers in the industry to deliver a more holistic security approach.
What Our Government Customers Think
- Government agencies who have used proxy-based firewalls and UTMs are astonished at the security performance of our platforms.
- For one very large military customer, the threat vector was eliminated by 90% just by turning on Palo Alto Networks in their infrastructure.
- One of the largest U.S. civilian agencies reduced their footprint from 80 devices (URL filtering, a/v scanning, load balancing & caching servers) to 8 Palo Alto Networks platforms and immediately found threats they had not caught previously.
- It’s not just about the threats – in these lean fiscal times, our government customers favor our pricing. Not only do they achieve improved protection, they experience tremendous cost savings with our per-appliance pricing.
- Governments love our ease and simplicity – One of the largest agencies in the U.S. government deployed our platforms across 4 gateways in 5 months.
|Mar 16 – 17||Insider Threat Summit 2015||Monterey, CA||http://www.insiderthreatevents.com|
|Apr 26 – 28||GITEC Summit 2015||Baltimore, MD||http://www.gitec.org/events/2015/04/gitec-summit-2015|
|Apr 29 – 30||2015 Enterprise Innovation Symposium||Atlanta, GA||http://www.polarstarconsulting.com/eishome.html|
|May 4 – 5||The NLIT Summit 2015||Seattle, WA||https://www.fbcinc.com/e/nlit/|
|May 5 – 7||AFCEA Cyber Operations Symposium||Baltimore, MD||http://events.jspargo.com/AFCEAcyberops15/Public/Enter.aspx|
|May 14||AFCEA NOVA IT Day||McLean, VA||https://www.afceanova.org/event/naval-it-day/2015/05/14/14th-annual-naval-it-day|
|June 30 – July 1||FBC NSA (IAS) Information Assurance Symposium||Washington, DC||https://www.fbcinc.com/e/ias/|