It’s not often a company has an opportunity to disrupt an entire industry.... twice. When we introduced the first next-generation firewall back in 2007 we set out on a path to redefine the network security market. Today, over 19,000 organizations rely on Palo Alto Networks to protect their networks against the most sophisticated, targeted attacks.
We take our responsibility to those organizations very seriously, and today we’re announcing an important next step: Advanced Endpoint Protection. If we’ve learned anything from the recent round of breaches, it’s that endpoints remain highly vulnerable to attacks. Even the most advanced network security architectures can’t protect against every threat vector. And legacy endpoint security approaches that rely on prior knowledge of the threat, or active scanning, are simply ill equipped to protect organizations from this new era of attacks.
Today marks the official launch of Traps, an Advanced Endpoint Protection solution that truly tears the covers off traditional approaches and exposes them for what they are: misguided attempts at addressing a very real problem. This isn’t just a product launch. This is the beginning of a new market: a market defined by its ability to turn the tides and rebuild lost confidence, and a market grounded on the principle that attacks can be prevented.
This new Advanced Endpoint Protection market will be defined by solutions that can deliver on the following:
- Must be able to prevent all exploits, including those utilizing unknown zero-day vulnerabilities
- Must be able to prevent all malware, without requiring any prior knowledge
- Must provide detailed forensics against prevented attacks to strengthen all areas of the organization by pinpointing the target and techniques used
- Must be highly scalable and lightweight to seamlessly integrate into existing operations with minimal to no disruption
- Must integrate closely with network and cloud security for quick data exchange and cross-organization protection
Carry this list in your back pocket. As you consider the different approaches to endpoint security we hope you evaluate the underlying technology against these five criteria. And of course we hope you take the time to evaluate Traps and see for yourself how we’ve delivered not only one of the most advanced approaches in the market, but also one that integrates natively into our Enterprise Security Platform.