More than 80% of businesses today operate in hybrid cloud environments, running some applications on premises and others in public cloud environments. But far too many of those businesses are leaving their applications at risk.
That’s why we encourage you to join us for our upcoming hands-on event, Your Hybrid Cloud Is Under Attack: Protect It with Zero Trust!, on April 13 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM PDT. You’ll hear security experts, including Palo Alto Networks Founder and CTO Nir Zuk, discuss how a Zero Trust architecture with software firewalls can play a vital role in safeguarding your hybrid cloud.
Through this hands-on session, you will:
- Discover why you need a Zero Trust architecture and a network security platform to protect your digital application journey.
- Understand how to deploy virtual and container software firewalls, at scale, to protect cloud architectures, applications and data.
- See how software firewalls can offer single-pane management and consistent security across your entire hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Get hands-on expertise with cloud automation tools that accelerate software firewall deployments and protect your cloud applications at DevOps speed.
Leaving Cloud Applications Unguarded with Traditional Defenses
Cloud environments are important destinations for many organizations, but those clouds are also prime targets for cybercriminals. According to one study, 45% of organizations had suffered a cloud-based data breach as of 2022. Whether or not your company has already been attacked, you need to prepare for the next attempt, because hackers are coming for your cloud-based applications.
Applications running in hybrid cloud environments have several key vulnerabilities:
- Allowed outbound connections: Cloud applications need to download software updates and communicate with other applications through APIs. But these allowed outbound connections open the door to malware, connections with command-and-control servers and other threats.
- Unknown and unpatched vulnerabilities: You try to patch vulnerabilities before applications go into production. But unknown vulnerabilities put you at risk for zero-day attacks.
- Lateral east-west movement: Applications don’t operate in silos. It’s critical to protect communications between applications, preventing attacks from moving laterally within a network.
Securing Applications in Hybrid Clouds with Zero Trust and Software Firewalls
At our event, Nir Zuk will explain why adopting a Zero Trust strategy with a network security platform is the best approach for protecting applications in a cloud environment. Zero Trust eliminates implicit trust within a network and continuously validates users, applications and infrastructure.
From our experts, you’ll also hear why software firewalls are a core component of a Zero Trust strategy. Software firewalls from Palo Alto Networks use the same technology as our next-generation firewalls, managed by Panorama, and they deliver their powerful capabilities as virtual or containerized solutions to secure modern cloud applications in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
In the event, our engineers will dig deeper into the Palo Alto Networks VM-Series virtualized and CN-Series containerized firewalls. You’ll hear how these software firewalls protect outbound, inbound and east-west traffic. You’ll also learn how these solutions can be deployed in common public and private cloud environments. Our team will show you how to get started with popular orchestration and automation tools, including Terraform and Ansible, so you can streamline deployment, scaling and policy management with agility.
We’ll provide an in-depth demo of software firewalls protecting workloads running in a virtualized data center so you can see these solutions in action. Then you’ll participate in a hands-on lab, where you can start exploring these solutions for yourself. For additional hands-on time, you can also sign up for a free trial of VM-Series virtual firewalls for AWS, Azure or VMware ESXi and Linux KVM environments.
Your cloud journey will continue, even as threats to applications multiply. So now is the time to hone in on solutions that can help you protect applications in your hybrid environment while streamlining management. Our event will be here soon, so sign up today.