Businesses are rapidly moving towards a cloud-delivered branch model for their IT operations to deliver improved user experience and greater productivity. Traditional WAN architecture requires manual deployment of new branch services that is tedious and expensive, especially when adding third-party entities to their branches. As a result, businesses are forced to continue with a manual IT workflow for their incident management, resulting in operational complexity that significantly impacts productivity and customer satisfaction. To solve this challenge, Palo Alto Networks is now seamlessly integrating Prisma SD-WAN and ServiceNow to simplify operations for businesses.
IT Operations and SD-WAN
To simplify operations, organizations need an integrated platform for branches to automate the deployment of third-party entities at speed and scale. Alongside, they need a robust solution that detects network issues and automates incident management to reduce IT staff hours spent on troubleshooting, managing, and resolving support tickets.
We are thrilled to announce Palo Alto Network’s Prisma SD-WAN integration with ServiceNow to dramatically simplify IT operations. This powerful combination brings together the industry’s first next-generation SD-WAN solution with ServiceNow, one of the top cloud-based SaaS providers in the market.
Palo Alto Networks Prisma SD-WAN is the industry’s first next-generation SD-WAN solution that is autonomous using machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) to identify network anomalies and optimize event handling. Our application-driven approach provides complete visibility for ease of troubleshooting while delivering branch services like network, security, and operations through the cloud. Simultaneously, ServiceNow delivers digital workflows with an IT service management platform as a cloud service to create great user experiences and improve productivity.
With Prisma SD-WAN’s integration with ServiceNow, customers can now further modernize their IT operations and handle incident impact based on customized events to improve end-user experience significantly.
Simplified Incident Management - A Fully Automated Digital IT Workflow
To further automate the deployment of third-party services, we’ve enabled this integration with Prisma SD-WAN CloudBlades - a revolutionary API-based infrastructure that delivers branch infrastructure from the cloud and allows seamless integration with third-party services without added resources. Network administrators can now use the ServiceNow Integration CloudBlade to extend incident reporting from Prisma SD-WAN branches to ServiceNow IT management solutions automatically.
Prisma SD-WAN’s turnkey integration with ServiceNow using ServiceNow Integration CloudBlade provides multiple benefits for new and existing customers:
Automate Incident Management with Customized Configuration
- Automate granular incident updates, including criticality, impacted entity, and correlated or suppressed events to the ServiceNow platform in real-time.
- Identify the incident category and assign it to the right IT team for immediate attention and resolution.
- Enable timely notifications through various mediums, including email and texts to significantly improve response time.
Optimize Incident Reporting to Reduce Operational Overhead
- Offer the flexibility to subscribe to selective incidents and consolidate based on event types to prioritize incident handling more effectively.
- Instantaneously update correlated events using AIOps and machine learning to ServiceNow to reduce redundancy.
- Automate status updates of resolved and suppressed incidents for customer and employee transparency.
Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Reduce Incident Impact
- Deliver network SLAs with service providers and third-party vendors to improve performance and customer confidence.
- Seamless updates to ServiceNow Integration CloudBlade ensuring zero downtime.
- Prioritize incidents specific to branch, applications, or incident type for a speedy resolution and reduce incident impact.
Prisma SD-WAN’s integration with ServiceNow is a part of our continued innovation to provide our customers with simplified IT operations and a seamless user experience. For more information on the benefits of the Prisma SD-WAN and ServiceNow integration, check out this demo video.